Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Take the Cake!

Well I finished my one class last night...WooHoo! For my final project I had to make a cake, do a basket weave on the side & decorate the top with pre-made royal icing flowers.

So here is the 1st step after you've already iced your cake with buttercream icing.  It is a good idea to mark the sides in quarters to set up your posts & rails for your basket weave.
Using your spatula makes the work easy.  Then you continue to mark all around so your basket weave will be even.
The following is the progress of the work:







This last photo shows the shells forward & backward that you put on the top of the basket weave to give it a uniform look.


I didn't know if I would have enough time to finish the basket weave before the end of the class so I went ahead & placed my rosebuds on the top of the cake.



As it turned out I did have the time to finish. I was then going to take the cake home & finish placing flowers & putting a really pretty vine down & around the side but.....


My kids couldn't wait to eat it :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's the "Delicious" reaction located?

Samantha said...

And it was Delicious!!! :p