Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Booooteeefulll!!!

I had so much fun this past weekend experimenting with some halloween ideas for my cake pops/balls.  I had this idea of making ghost brownie pops & bought a lovely black ceramic loaf pan which I decided to make a small devil's food cake in.  I also baked some sugar cookies, frosted them gray & added words to make them look like tombstones. Here is how it started out:
After I made the brownie pops & let them cool, I then placed them on lollipop sticks w/white chocolate to hold in place & then dipped them in white chocolate. Next...
After the brownie bites dried I made my attempt at drawing some ghost faces.  Unfortunately the edible ink pen I had did not want to work properly so I used black gel instead.  This was tedious so because I'm the mom...I made my daughter finish :)  Thank you Samantha!
Then I made a bunch of devil's food cake loaves.

Next I made some sugar cookies, shaped them like a tombstone & made some gray frosting.
I had the idea that I would make the cake look like a graveyard & have the ghosts hovering over the graves.  Sounded good but.....
The pops just did not want to cooperate.  So time to improvise.
I took out the pop sticks & put the brownie bite ghost on top of the devil food cake grave.  Still came out cute I think, but really would have liked it if it would have come out the way I originally planned.  Oh well all's well that end's well...still think they look Booooteeefulll!!!


1 comment:

Dcorrine3 said...

it all came out amazing!